Amendments to the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan Update
Notice is hereby given that the public comment period has begun for amendments to the 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan Update (LRTP) for the Macon Area Transportation Study (MATS) region, covering all of Macon-Bibb County, and portions of Jones and Monroe counties.
This amendment concerns new bridge repair and maintenance projects in Macon-Bibb and Jones Counties. Specifically, the following actions are proposed:
- Add GDOT Project #0017221 (Bibb County) – SR 247 @ Echeconnee Creek & Overflow @ 3 Locations to MATS 2040 LRTP Chapter 6 – Roads & Bridges Projects List;
- Add GDOT Project #0017230 (Jones County) – SR 11/SR 22/US 129 Southbound & Northbound @ Rock Creek to MATS 2040 LRTP Chapter 6 – Roads & Bridges Projects List;
- Add GDOT Project #0017231 (Jones County) – SR 11/SR 22/US 129 @ Sand Creek to MATS 2040 LRTP Chapter 6 – Roads & Bridges Projects List;
- Amend MATS 2040 LRTP Chapter 8 – Fiscal Assessment to reflect the change in available funding balance associated with the previously listed changes, and demonstrate continued fiscal balancing;
Click the button above a draft copy of the summary of amendments to the MATS Long Range Transportation Plan.
For your convenience, all major proposed edits on pages 1 through 12 in the document have been highlighted in yellow .
Your Comments Contribution
Public comments will be received until the end of the working day on November 2, 2020.
- Your comments can mailed via USPS to:
c/o Macon-Bibb Planning & Zoning
200 Cherry St.
Macon, GA 31201
- Or you can e-mail your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org.