Notice is hereby given that the public comment period has begun for amendments to the FY 2018 – 2021 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) and Long Range Transportation Plan Update (LRTP) for the Macon Area Transportation Study (MATS) region, covering all of Macon-Bibb County, and portions of Jones and Monroe counties. This amendment concerns a new project for the widening of Bass Rd. from Providence Blvd. to New Forsyth Rd. Specifically, the following actions are proposed:
- Add GDOT Project #0017121 (expansion of Bass Rd. from New Forsyth Rd. to Providence Blvd.) to MATS 2040 LRTP Chapter 6 – Roads & Bridges Projects List;
- Revise project description for current Bass Rd. Phase 3 in MATS 2040 LRTP Chapter 6 – Roads & Bridges Projects List to extend from Providence Blvd. to Zebulon Rd.;
- Remove existing Bass Rd. Phase 1 and Bass Rd. Phase 2 from MATS 2040 LRTP Chapter 6 – Roads & Bridges Projects List;
- Amend MATS 2040 LRTP Chapter 8 – Fiscal Assessment to reflect the change in available funding balance associated with the previously listed changes, and demonstrate continued fiscal balancing;
- Amend the MATS FY 2018 – 2021 TIP to include those phases of GDOT Project #0017121 which are anticipated in fiscal years 2020 and 2021
Public comments will be received until the end of the working day on January 31, 2020. Any comments can be sent to the following address: Macon-Bibb Co. Planning & Zoning, c/o MATS, Suite 300, 200 Cherry St., Macon, GA 31201. Comments can also be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or please call (478) 751-7460.