MACON-BIBB COUNTY PLANNING AND ZONING COMMISSION
682 CHERRY ST., SUITE 1000, MACON, GEORGIA 31201
MATS CITIZENS ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING – MINUTES SUMMARY
MATS Citizens Advisory Committee – Special Called Meeting
|Absent / Present|
|James P. Thomas||Macon-Bibb Planning & Zoning Commission||Absent|
|Mike Greenwald||Macon-Bibb Planning & Zoning Commission||Present|
|Gregory L. Brown||Macon-Bibb Planning & Zoning Commission||Present|
|Ken North||Macon-Bibb Planning & Zoning Commission||Absent|
|Brad Belo||Macon-Bibb Planning & Zoning Commission||Absent|
|Vacant||CAC/Commission District 1||————————–|
|Vacant||CAC/Commission District 2||————————–|
|Arthur Hubbard||CAC/Commission District 3||Absent|
|Bob Komlo||CAC/Commission District 4||Present|
|John Swint||CAC/Commission District 5||Present|
|Donald L. Druitt||CAC/Commission District 6||Present|
|Shelvy Neal||CAC/Commission District 7||Absent|
|Andrew Silver||CAC/Commission District 8||Absent|
|Ivy N. Cadle||CAC/Commission District 9||Absent|
|David Gault||CAC/Jones County Representative (Dist. 4)||Absent|
|John Ricketson||CAC/Monroe County Representative (Dist. 3)||Present|
|Louis Frank Tompkins||CAC/AARP Volunteer||Absent|
|Michael Brown||CAC/Bike-Pedestrian Representative||Present|
|Anthony Jackson||CAC/Board of Education Transportation Division||Absent|
|Tina Hopper||CAC/Disabled Population Representative||Present|
|Ella Mumphery||CAC/Disabled Transportation User||Present|
|Rachel Hollar||CAC/Environmental Representative||Present|
|Mary Lou Ezell||CAC/League of Women Voters||Present|
|Michael Colbert||CAC/Macon Housing Authority||Present|
|Jada Robinson||CAC/Transit User||Present|
|1||Call to Order|
|2||Adoption of Agenda – Action Item|
|3||Public Comment Period (5 Minutes)|
|4||Approval of previous MATS CAC Minutes (February 15, 2017) – Action Item|
|5||Review of Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) amendments FY 14 – 17 – Action Item|
|6||2040 Long Range Transportation Plan Update: Review and adoption of Final LRTP: http://mats2040.org/lrtp – Action Item|
|9||Next Meeting Dates|
Macon-Bibb County P & Z Commission, 10th Floor Conference Room
- Called to Order: 6:00PM by Dr. John Swint, CAC Chairman
- Adoption of Agenda – Action Item: A motion was made and properly seconded to adopt the agenda as presented. Approved.
- Public Comment Period (5 Minutes): No one from the general public attended the meeting to address the committee.
- Approval of previous MATS CAC Minutes (February 15, 2017) – Action Item: A motion was made by Mr. Ricketson and properly seconded by Mr. Druitt to approve the minutes as presented. Approved
Review of Transportation Improvement Program (TIP) amendments FY 14 – 17: – Action Item: Mike Greenwald provided a review of the TIP amendments as follows:
- Project #342080 – Jeffersonville Rd.: Walnut Creek/Recreation Rd & Millerfield Rd. to Bristol – Increase cost in Construction and Utilities phases.
- Project #351090 – Jeffersonville Rd: State Route 19/Emery Highway to Walnut Creek Bridge
Increase cost in Construction and Utilities phases.
A motion was made by Mr. Komlo and properly seconded by Mr. Druitt to approve the minutes as presented. Approved
- 2040 Long Range Transportation Plan Update: Review and adoption of Final LRTP: http://mats2040.org/lrtp – Action Item: Mike Greenwald reported that all information from the draft report to the final report is the same. The only change is that the fiscal assessment chapter had to be broken out into its own chapter. After discussion, a motion was made by Mr. Colbert and properly seconded by Mr. Ricketson to approve the final LRTP as presented. Approved.
- Old/Unfinished Business: There was no old/unfinished business to discuss.
- Brief Discussion of the FY 18 – 21 Transportation Improvement Program Document
- CAC inquired about a potential roundabout on SR 247 at Houston Avenue and Broadway
No action was taken on these items.
- Next meeting dates: The next meeting of the CAC is scheduled to be held on Wednesday, May 10, 2017 at 6:00PM as a regular meeting.
- Adjourn: The meeting was adjourned at 6:25PM